1 cup large fresh blueberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons multi-color candy sprinkles
PREPARATION & METHOD
1. On each of 10 bamboo skewers (8 inches long), spear 8 blueberries.
2. In a perfectly dry microwavable cup, stir chocolate chips and oil.
3. Microwave on medium power 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 20-30 seconds longer; stir until the chocolate is smooth.
4. Transfer melted chocolate to a resealable plastic bag.
5. Snip a very small corner off the bottom of the bag.
6. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the skewered blueberries and immediately roll lightly in sprinkles.
Originally from America, these luscious fruits were known by Native Americans for their taste and healthy properties but it wasn’t until 1915-16 that they were cultivated domestically.
A few fun facts from the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council:
The Blueberry may be the state berry of New Jersey, but the Carolinas grow a lot of the little rascals. July is National Blueberry Month – Go forth and celebrate.
Ronald Reagan’s inauguration sparked the creation of the blueberry jelly belly – good call.
Research reveals what most suspected. Blueberries provide powerhouse antioxidants.
Enjoy learning more about these dynamos at www.blueberrycouncil.org
Per portion: 136 calories; 18 g carbohydrate; 7 g total fat; 6 g saturated fat; .4 g fiber