MOLTEN LAVA CAKE
4 oz unsalted butter
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
3 Tbls all purpose flour
PREPARATION & METHOD
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Lightly butter and flour four ramekin dishes
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler, over simmering water
3. Place the eggs and yolks in bowl and add sugar. Whip until soft peaks form.
4. Whisk in melted chocolate and flour, blend lightly, then add mixture equally to ramekins.
5. Place in oven for 12 minutes, then remove and serve with whipped cream.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy Lakeview Restaurant at Rumbling Bald Resort
About the Restaurant: With its breathtaking views of Lake Lure and accompanying fresh mountain breezes, this is one delightful and innovative dining experience! Menu selections include a sumptuous variety of entrées, emphasizing seafood and grilled favorites. Led by Executive Chef Mike Jones, Lakeview offers a variety of nightly specials, as well as, a house favorite Prime Rib Buffet served on Wednesday night in season.
Lakeview opens for dinner service March 31 and for lunch service May 23.