TORTELLONI ALLA STEFANIA
SIDES & SALADS
8-9 oz. cheese-filled tortelloni (fresh preferred)
2 cups canned, peeled tomatoes (San Marzano preferred)
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 quart water
1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano
PREPARATION & METHOD
1. Heat 1 quart water to boil (salted generously).
2. In another pot combine canned tomatoes and butter.
3. Heat tomatoes and butter until butter is melted, lower heat and cook on low for 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove tomatoes and butter from heat and cream together with a hand mixer / emulsifier.
5. Cook tortelloni in salted water as per instructions until tender.
6. Drain tortelloni and place in serving bowl, then top with tomato and butter sauce and freshly grated parmigiano.
7. Buon appetito!
Is there anything more comforting than pasta in the winter? When you need a warm meal, this one will satisfy body and soul, with its buttery tomato sauce and rich, cheese-filled pasta. Il Giorgione is a charming neighborhood Italian Eatery in Columbia, SC. Owner/Chef George Kessler and his wife, Monica, have created a restaurant which receives rave reviews on Trip Advisor, as well as accolades from area folks who appreciate its authentic taste and Italian feel.
Insider Tip: When you go, indulge in the Italian wine list, and finish the meal with a glass of their homemade lemoncello. Perfetto!